I was pretty disappointed with the outcome of the Brownie Cheesecake which I baked yesterday afternoon before dinner. I baked it with the Tegral Moist Chocolate Cake Mix which my cousin bought me couple of months ago. She had been asking if I had tried the cake mix for a couple of times to the extent that I felt guilty of not having tried it earlier. So, I decided to bake it yesterday so that I could share some with Jennifer.
So, this was the cake mix which I used yesterday to make Brownie Cheesecake. The ingredients are pretty straightforward and they are listed on the product itself. But I had a few adjustments based on another recipe which my cousin gave me.
- 500g Tegral Moist Chocolate Cake Mix
- 200g eggs *3 extra large size eggs*
- 50ml full cream milk
- 125g melted butter
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 60g fine granulated sugar
- 70g eggs *1 extra large size egg*
- To make the brownie, sift the Tegral Moist Chocolate Cake Mix and make a well in the centre.
- Pour beaten eggs into the well and mix in the cake mix until well combined.
- Gently fold in the full cream milk.
- Take a few huge dollops of the chocolate batter and mix with the melted butter until fully well incorporated.
- Pour in the chocolate batter mixed with melted butter back into the chocolate batter and fold well.
- To make the cream cheese batter, cream softened cream cheese until it is light and fluffy.
- Add in sugar and mix well.
- Add in egg and beat well until all were well incorporated.
- Pour chocolate batter as the bottom layer followed by the cream cheese batter as the top layer in a greased and lined 8″ square baking pan and bake in a preheated oven of 180 degree Celsius for 35 t0 45 minutes or until inserted skewer comes out clean.
To be honest, I think this Brownie Cheesecake which I baked was only average. I would prefer baking Brownie Cheesecake from scratch rather than using a pack of ready made cake mix. I am gonna try the Oreo Brownie Cheesecake by DessertzHouse soon.
Anyways, I am up for baking session again tonight and I intend to attempt the Cafe Style Carrot Cake which was just uploaded by DessertzHouse this afternoon. So, stay tune for my version if you are interested. See ya!