I had been sleeping rather early for the past few days as I wanted to wake up early to whip up some breakfast before heading to work. If you had been following my blog closely, you would have known that I made Banana Pancakes yesterday morning with the extra bananas which my colleague gave me couple of days ago. Instead of making a Banana Cake out of them, I made them into pancakes.
Both Kaylie and I went Supa Save, Mata-Mata after our dinner at Danes Cafe. My review on Danes Cafe will be up by tomorrow. As usual, my trip down to Supa Save is always grocery shopping for my baking adventures. I bought another two mini tub of yogurts, thickened extra light sour cream and a can of ready made whipping cream for my next bake of Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcakes.
So, I bought a packet of linguine pasta from Hua Ho, Yayasan couple of weeks ago and I had never gotten round to cook them until this morning with the carbonara sauce which I bought from Supa Save couple of weeks ago as well. To be honest, I am more of a carbonara person than bolognese.
I had even considered making the carbonara sauce from scratch but it is gonna take a long time to make one when I have to get ready for work as well. So, buying a bottle of ready made carbonara sauce saves so much time and hassle.
- linguine pasta (or any pasta of your choice, I find carbonara sauce is best paired with linguine)
- white button mushrooms
- minced chicken (or you can use minced pork, beef rashes or even pork bacon!)
- big onion, diced into small pieces
- Leggo’s Carbonara Creamy Pasta Sauce
- Heat a wok of water with some salt in it to a boil.
- Add in desired amount of pasta into the boiling water and let it cook till al dente.
- Remove pasta from boiling water and strain the excess water with a strainer.
- Add in a tablespoonful of margarine/butter and give it a good stir with the cooked pasta.
- In another cooking pan, heat up the pan with some cooking oil and saute the diced big onion followed by the minced chicken.
- Add in the button mushroom following by a few heaps tablespoonfuls of carbonara sauce and bring it to a simmer.
- Pour in the margarine/butter coated pasta into the simmering sauce and give it a good stir until all pasta are very well blended with the carbonara sauce.