It was a Sunday yesterday and as usual, I stayed home most of the time apart from the time when Dad and I went out for breakfast with the relatives at Lian Fu Restaurant & Catering, went LeApple Bakery Mart to buy a bread knife and dinner at Sui Heng Restaurant nearby Times Square.
I was having a mild headache a short while after I woke up. As the relatives were staying at my place for the next few nights, I have to “lend” out my room and crash at my parent’s bedroom instead while Dad sleeps in the next room. Lucky for me, I slept better yesterday evening compared to the night before.
Anyways, I baked Sweet Corn Bread Loaf yesterday afternoon after coming home from LeApple Bakery & Mart as everyone had went out doing sightseeing. All you need to do is dump all the ingredients into the bread pan, press on a few settings, hit START when you are all set and the bread machine will do all the works for you. Convenient, huh?
Sweet Corn Bread Loaf (adapted from My Mind Patch)
The first moment when I saw this recipe on her blog, I thought: “Hmm … I could bake this over the weekend as the ingredients are easy to acquire and I have majority of them at home.” So, off it went into my to-do list for yesterday. Getting ready with the ingredients after coming home from LeApple Bakery & Mart with a bread knife.
- 70g steamed corn kernels *canned corn kernels*
- 90g full cream milk
- 20g sweetened condensed milk
- 230g bread flour
- 15g top flour *cake flour*
- 1/2 tsp instant dry yeast
- 40g fine granulated sugar
- 35g beaten egg *44g*
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 30g unsalted butter, softened
- 15g sweet corn kernels
- Measure all ingredients in advance with measuring cups and spoons.
- Remove bread pan from bread machine and install collapsible paddle.
- Blend 70g sweet corn kernels, 90g full cream milk and 20g sweetened condensed milk together until creamy.
- Pour corn milk mixture into the bread pan and followed by the following ingredients in order (unsalted butter, beaten egg, bread flour, cake flour, salt, sugar and instant dry yeast).
- Wipe spillage outside the bread pan, if any.
- Return bread pan into the bread machine and close the lid.
- Choose setting (Sweet) and press START.
- Pour in 15g sweet corn kernels into the bread pan after the first fifteen minutes of kneading or wait until the bread machine gives out a beeping sound of 8 times. *Mine beeped 17 minutes later after the kneading started*
- Wait for bread machine to finish all cycles before removing the bread pan from the bread machine.
- Leave bread loaf to cool on a cooling rack prior to slicing.
So, this was how my bread loaf looked when sliced. It has quite a lot of air pockets, in which I do not understand what caused them but I am gonna find out why. Sadly, my bread loaf did not rise as high as compared to My Mind Patch as the bread loaf was made out with only approximately two cups of bread flour and my bread pan can house up to 4 cups of bread flour.
Texture wise, it was soft and fluffy. It tasted sweet, hence there is no need for jam spread on the bread slices. Butter will do if you don’t like to eat them plain. I had three slices of them plain with a cup of full cream milk.