I think I am starting to pile my blog with baking blog entries again. To be honest, I am not so regular with skincare updates anymore as I had been sticking with the same brands recently. Hence, the lack of updates on skincare products. I rarely use facial sheet masks lately albeit I still had many of them and some of which were probably expired by now. LOL!
Sister mentioned that I had been sticking with Elizabeth Arden products recently given from what she saw on my “dressing table”. My skin works best with the skincare products that I am using at the moment. There was a period of almost a month when I switched to Artistry Hydra-V series. The products worked great on my skin on the first three weeks or so but starting to lose it’s charm on my skin later. So, I returned to my previous skincare regime and my skin condition was reformed.
Anyways, I am not here to drown you with my skincare products’ adventures. Let’s get started on what I am supposed to blog about today, shall we?
Did you wonder what this oddly shaped thing is? FYI, this is a bread loaf which I baked with my bread machine last Sunday. The reason why it came out in such odd shape was because the recipe only yields a 500g loaf while my bread machine can yield up to 2lb of bread loaf. With this odd shape, it makes slicing even harder and I ended up with lots of uneven slices.
The original recipe used blueberry flavored yogurt while I replaced it with strawberry flavored yogurt as I preferred the latter over the former. Taste wise, it did not have a strong taste of strawberry yogurt but it did smelled nice when the dough was kneading in the bread machine. Super love the smell of strawberry yogurt inside the bread machine.
Recipe adapted from My Mind Patch
- 65g full cream milk
- 20g sweetened condensed milk
- 140g strawberry yogurt or any flavored yogurt of your choice
- 20g unsalted butter, softened
- 25g beaten egg
- 225g bread flour *250g*
- 25g wholemeal flour *omitted*
- 30g raw sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp instant dry yeast
- Measure all ingredients in advance with measuring cups and spoons.
- Remove bread pan from bread machine and install collapsible paddle.
- Pour in full cream milk, sweetened condensed milk and strawberry yogurt together and mix well.
- Pour strawberry yogurt milk mixture into the bread pan and followed by the following ingredients in order (unsalted butter, beaten egg, bread flour, salt, sugar and instant dry yeast).
- Wipe spillage outside the bread pan, if any.
- Return bread pan into the bread machine and close the lid.
- Choose setting (Sweet) and press START.
- Wait for bread machine to finish all cycles before removing the bread pan from the bread machine.
- Leave bread loaf to cool on a cooling rack prior to slicing.
So, this was how my Strawberry Yogurt Bread Loaf looked like when sliced. It has uneven coloring on the bread. The crust was considered evenly browned but it had a chewy texture when cooled. Mom thought that the bread was nice, soft and fluffy but the crust was too chewy for her dentures. LOL!
All in all, I like this Strawberry Yogurt Bread Loaf. It smelled and tasted nice. It was sweet, soft and fluffy. But unfortunately, the taste of strawberry yogurt in the bread was too subtle. This recipe is definitely a keeper for me but I am considering using white sugar next time instead of brown to avoid the uneven coloring on the bread.