I bought Bulla Strawberry Yogurt from Supa Save, Mabohai while doing grocery shopping this afternoon. I found a recipe of Blueberry Yogurt Muffins from SiuKitchen on YouTube quite some time ago but never gotten the time to try out the recipe until this afternoon. It took me two attempts to get the recipe right as the butter mixture curdle after adding the egg. So, I ended up thrashing as the first attempt and redoing them again.
Without further ado, let us get started with these Strawberry Yogurt Muffins …
Strawberry Yogurt Muffins (adapted from SiuKitchen)
- 60g unsalted butter, softened
- 50g fine granulated sugar *40g*
- 120g plain flour *cake flour*
- 5g baking powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 120g strawberry yogurt
- Mix cake flour and baking powder together. Sift and set aside.
- Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in lightly beaten egg in three batches and make sure that they are well combined after each addition.
- Add in sifted flour mixture in two batches and gently fold them. Stop folding them when they are well combined.
- Scoop mixtures evenly between paper cases and bake them in a preheated oven of 180 degree Celsius for 20 to 25 minutes or until an inserted cake tester comes out clean in the centre of a muffin.
- Leave the muffins in the muffin tray for about 10 minutes before removing them for cooling on a wire rack.
This was how my Strawberry Yogurt Muffins looked on the inside when taken a bite. But I wondered why there were so many holes in my muffin! The muffin had a soft texture as I used cake flour instead of plain flour. The sweetness level was just right as I had reduced 10g and Bulla Strawberry Yogurt is slightly more sour compared to other yogurt brands like Nestle or Marigold.
The entire house smelled heavenly of strawberry yogurt when the muffins were baking in the oven. This recipe is supposed to yield 6 muffins but I only got 5 large size muffins and one small size muffin. This recipe is definitely a keeper for me as it comes handy when I need an easu and straightforward recipe that only yield 6 muffins instead of 12. LOL!