Just came back from dinner with Kaylie not long ago. It has been a long day today with lots of errands running and I am feeling sleepy as I am typing this. Gonna hit the sack once I am done with this. So, let’s finish this so that I could get my sleep, shall we? xD
Anyways, I baked a loaf of Honey White Bread yesterday evening before going to bed so that I could have fresh home baked bread for breakfast this morning. All I need to do is dump all necessary ingredients into the bread pan and press on the right mode. And voila, you will have a loaf of home baked bread in a couple of hours.
I had also baked a loaf of Whole Wheat Honey Bread the other day for my colleagues and they said the bread was too sweet. LOL!
Honey White Bread 750g (adapted from 跟爱和自由一起玩转面包机)
- 214g water, room temperature
- 75g honey
- 30g unsalted butter
- 375g bread flour
- 11g milk powder
- 6g salt
- 6g instant dry yeast
- Measure all ingredients in advance with measuring cups and spoons.
- Remove the bread pan from the bread machine and install collapsible paddle.
- Place and pile up all the ingredients in the same order as above (water, honey, butter, bread flour, milk powder, salt and instant dry yeast).
- Wipe spillage outside the bread pan, if any.
- Return bread pan into the bread machine and close the lid.
- Choose setting (Basic – Normal) and press START.
- Wait for bread machine to finish all cycles before removing the bread pan from the bread machine.
- Leave bread loaf to cool on a cooling rack prior to slicing.
So, this was how my Honey White Bread looked on the inside after slicing. The bread was soft and fluffy. However, the crust was a little bit hard and chewy at the same time. This is probably the downside of home baked bread with bread machine. You get a hard and chewy crust rather than a soft crust like the bread which you buy from your local bakery.
The bread was a little bit sweet for me due to the honey. Not advisable to spread the bread with jam but butter would be nice. I am gonna consider reducing the quantity when attempting this recipe again next time. I managed to get neatly sliced bread this time round as I had bought a bread slicer rack. That way you can get the thickness you want for your bread/toast.