Good morning! Did baking yesterday evening as I intended to finish off one of the bags of frozen blueberries which I bought previously. I still have another bag left, think I am gonna use them for Blueberry Crumble Muffins or Blueberry Crumb Cake soon.
Instead of baking Mixed Berries Yogurt Pound Cake, I used the same recipe by DessertzHouse and baked Blueberries Yogurt Pound Cake. Instead of a 22cm loaf pan, I used a 20cm one. So, it made my cake looked taller and bigger in size. I think I am gonna use a 24cm loaf pan next time so that the cake will bake more evenly.
Without further ado, let me show you how this Blueberries Yogurt Pound Cake was made!
- 160g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g fine granulated white sugar *130g*
- 4 eggs
- 130g natural plain yogurt *low fat yogurt*
- 200g cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 140g frozen mixed berries *188g frozen blueberries*
- In a large mixing bowl, mix both cake flour and baking powder together. Sift and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time to avoid curdling.
- Add in half of the flour mixture and beat on low speed, followed by yogurt and the remaining half portion of flour mixture. Mix until well combined and be careful not to over mix the batter.
- Gently fold in the frozen blueberries into the batter.
- Pour batter into a greased and lined 20cm loaf pan and bake in a preheated oven of 180 degree Celsius for 55 to 60 minutes or until an inserted cake tester comes out clean
- Leave the cake to cool in the baking pan before dislodging.
I did not wait until the cake to be fully cooled down before dislodging so the cake was still fragile when I tried to slice it up. The cake was a little bit wet and moist when it was still warm but turned slightly more compact the next morning when it had cooled down.
I think I am gonna stick with 140g of frozen blueberries the next time I am attempting this recipe again as 188g seems like a lot to me. It kinda made the cake rather wet at the bottom of the cake. Mom did mentioned that the sweetness of the cake was just right. Buttery taste was alright for me but may be a bit strong for those who do not like buttery cakes.