What a lengthy name for a muffin! Anyways, I came home just in time for lunch from some last minute grocery shopping this morning and I was unable to get what I intended to buy in the first time. Lucky for me, I still have a bit of baking stash which I could still use in the mean time.
My second batch of Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins is still baking in the oven at the moment. Gonna share some of them with my friends whom I am meeting for dinner later and some of my colleagues.
Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (adapted from The BakerMama)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour *120g*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter *125g*
- 1/2 cup honey *146g*
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cup banana, mashed *327g*
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips *79g semi-sweet chocolate chips*
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients – whole wheat flour, baking soda and salt. Sift and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, stir together wet ingredients – peanut butter, honey, egg, vanilla extract and mashed bananas.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients’ mixture and pour in the wet mixture. Stir until well combined and gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter evenly between muffin liners and bake in a preheated oven of 180 degree Celsius for 20 to 25 minutes or until an inserted cake tester comes out clean in the centre of a muffin.
- Let muffins cool in the muffin tray for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
An up-close view of my Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins! Recipe yields 12 servings but mine was only 10 as I used a bigger size muffin tray compared to the original recipe.
A sneak peek into my muffin! I could not resist the temptation and had an entire muffin myself. I guess I had hit my daily calorie quota with this one muffin as it was loaded with sinful peanut butter.
The taste of peanut butter was not so distinctive but was good enough. Albeit the peanut butter and honey which I used were on the sweeter side, the muffin was surprisingly not as sweet as I anticipated it to be. The combination of banana and chocolate chips was forever match made in heaven. LOL!
Do try this recipe at home if you are a huge fan of peanut butter, banana and chocolate chips like I do. I am sure you are gonna love it. However, if you don’t like sweet muffins, you could consider reducing the honey.