Bought some bananas yesterday afternoon while running errands as my colleague had been asking me to bake her a Banana Chiffon Cake. So, I baked Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins with some of the bananas and left some for baking Banana Chiffon Cake tonight.
This recipe is pretty much similar to the Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins which I baked last Sunday for San Diann and Clara. The only difference was that the previous recipe used whole wheat flour while this one used all purpose flour.
Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (adapted from Laura in the Kitchen)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil *corn oil*
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar *50g fine granulated sugar & 50g soft brown sugar*
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed *3 ripe bananas*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter *62g*
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour *208g*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips *80g semi-sweet chocolate chips*
- Preheat oven to 200 degree Celsius and line muffin tray with liners. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients – all purpose flour, baking soda and salt together. Sift and set aside.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of the flour mixture to the chocolate chips and make sure that all chips were evenly coated in the flour mixture. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, cream together mashed bananas, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, oil and peanut butter.
- Add in the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and mix well.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter evenly between liners with an ice-cream scoop and bake in a preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until an inserted cake tester comes out clean in the centre of a muffin.
- Leave muffins in the muffin tray for approximately 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on a cooling rack.
One of the muffins was over cooked in the oven as it was near to the fan it was still fantastic taste wise. As cooking oil was used instead of melted butter, muffin texture was not as moist as compared to using melted butter but it was still good enough.
A sneak peek into my Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. Do try out this recipe if you have extra bananas and peanut butter in spare at home. I am sure you are gonna love this recipe as much as I do. Happy trying!