Woke up earlier this morning to bake these Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins for my colleagues. Will be baking another batch of Dangerously Dark Chocolate Muffins for Andrea, Patrick and Sister this evening.
Not going to write a lengthy blog entry today as I am running out of time at the moment. Did some packing yesterday evening and will be doing some last minute packing tomorrow morning before heading to the airport.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins (adapted from The Domestic Goddess Wannabe)
Yield 13 large size muffins
- 250g all purpose flour
- 100g fine granulated white sugar *70g*
- 39.3g cocoa powder *40g*
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips *150g*
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 50g dark brown sugar
- 360ml buttermilk
- 113g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients – all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Sift and stir in chocolate chips until they are all well coated. Set aside.
- In another clean mixing bowl, beat eggs with white and brown sugar until thick and pale brown in color. Pour in buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla extract. Whisk them all together until smooth.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour in the buttermilk mixture. Stir well until batter is moistened.
- Scoop batter evenly between cupcake liners and bake in a preheated oven of 190 degree Celsius for 20 to 22 minutes or until an inserted cake tester comes out clean in the centre of a muffin, unless you hit a chocolate chip.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the muffin tray for 10 minutes before removing them to cool completely on a cooling rack.