Doing some last minute blogging before I hit the sack. I had finished up majority of the packing but left some for tomorrow. Baked some Dangerously Dark Chocolate Muffins for Andrea, Patrick and Sister tomorrow.
Dangerously Dark Chocolate Muffins (adapted from Bear Naked Food)
Yields 22 mini muffins
- 160g semi sweet chocolate chips
- 120g unsalted butter, melted
- 240ml buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 170g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 70g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 190g fine granulated white sugar *150g*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a clean mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients – cocoa powder, self-raising flour and baking soda together. Sift the flour mixture and stir in chocolate chips until they are all evenly coated. Set aside.
- In another clean mixing bowl, beat eggs with white sugar until thick and pale yellow in color. Pour in buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla extract. Whisk them all together until smooth.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour in the wet mixture. Stir well until batter is moistened.
- Scoop batter evenly between muffin liners and bake in a preheated oven of 170 degree Celsius for approximately 15 to 18 minutes or until an inserted cake tester comes out clean in the centre of a muffin, unless you hit a chocolate chip.
This was how my muffin was looked on the inside. It was filled generously with chocolate chips, Did not bother reducing the quantity for chocolate chips as I am pretty sure my friends can take chocolate chips well enough. LOL!
All packed and ready to be given as homemade hand gift during our meet up. LOL! Hopefully, they will like my muffins.